Friday, August 28, 2009

Homeschooling!!!

I am very happy to announce that Sarah is going to be home schooled this year. I was getting her signed up for public school and realized that I kept procrastinating day after day on the paper work. It didn't take me long to realize that I was not at all interested in Sarah attending public school.
She has been in a private school for the last two years. That school Redwood christian school was good school for her except they didn't teach science to college standards. The teachers were wonderful and the expectations of children's behavior was high. Unfortunately we are having to pay for my husbands and my student loans now and just can't afford private school any more.
I am so glad that Jason agreed that we should be able to pull off homeschooling this year. I have almost total freedom when it come to my job and believe that I can find some great classes for Sarah to participate in for socialization.
I have already started her getting ready for school by working on The Rosetta stone for Spanish and starting to learn the piano.
I was surprised to realize how relaxed i had gotten with her education once I was no longer directly responsible for it.
I am glad to be back and glad to be focusing on what is important again. my child and her development into the best young woman that she can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment