Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rabbit show

This is a Junior American Blue from my rabbitry. They are a solid grey color and should have no stray white hairs or white toe nails.

Today we are in the beautiful coastal city on monterey. The weather is cool and breezy but that was perfect temperature for my rabbits. My daughter Sarah and I are staying at a hotel very near where the show is.
Unfortunately we did not do as well as I had hoped in the show today. Sarah's Californian broke a nail. A broken nail on a rabbit is very bloody and very painful.
All 3 of my senior blues were Disqualified for being underweight. I must find a way to pack on the pounds. The are currently eating 18% King with black oil sunflower seeds and calf manna mixed in. This has not added to their weight yet.
So we are finally at our hotel and I read the no pets policy which I really think is a terrible policy for a hotel to have. I understand that there are animals owners who are irresponsible but I think that is someone is willing to vacation with their pet they are probably caring owners and will not let the animals tear the place up. I have to admit that we have been sneaking the animals in one by one. O.k. so I am sure you are thinking OMG what about all of the people who have to sleep in that room after your rabbits have been there. I think that if you are worried about what animals have been in your hotel room you should NEVER bring a black light into your hotel room and look at the floor or the walls
I have 4 rabbits and a kitten in the room so far. I might need to wait till dark to get the rest. I did have to bring my kitten with me because she just can't stay home alone yet. She is too small and will get into all kinds of trouble. We have the most difficult time trying to find her when she has gone off exploring because she can get into any little space.
Oh my husband by the way was off on an early morning fishing trip with my son and father. He caught 2 trout and will be bringing it home for dinner. Yum I will post the reciepe that I use to cook in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment